The Sephora VIB Sale is here for two more days so take advantage of this discount! I recently went to Sephora to stock up on my winter shades of makeup. That’s always a sad time for me and my bronze glow has disappeared and my face makeup is now two shades lighter. But honestly, buying new products is always fun.
– After washing my face I prepped my skin using my fingers with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Oil Free. While that sets in I prime my eyelids with Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion. I apply this over my eyelids up to my eyebrows and right under my lower lashes, anywhere that I’ll be applying eyeshadow.
– I use a 2-3 pumps of Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in golden on the back of my hand and use a damp Beauty Blender Pro to apply the foundation all over my face down my jawline. Back to my eyes to let that set. I love the Urban Decay Naked palettes, I have three different palettes and I love all the colors in them. My shadow is always different but I like to have fun and take my time blending the colors. I always put the lightest shimmer color in my inner corner of my eyes to help brighten them up.
– I use Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer in medium under my eyes and dot it in a checkmark formation. I use the tip of my damp beauty blender to blend the concealer under my eyes, slightly down the side of my nose and out towards my hairline under my temple.
– Now it’s time to contour. Using this brush and my Bobbi Brown bronzing powder, I apply under my cheekbones, my jawline, my hairline around my forehead and I’ll carefully do the tip of my nose and a little under my bottom lip.
– Blush is applied next. I have a few that I like but have been into this rosy blush lately. I tip I learned over the summer is to apply blush to the apples of your cheek for a day time casual look and if you are going for a more formal look apply the makeup past the apples of your cheeks up to your hairline.
– I don’t do heavy contouring so my highlighting is subtle bits of shimmer where light would naturally hit. I use this brush and apply my powder highlighter my cheekbones to my temples and down the bridge of my nose.
– Either my brows or lashes come next, no specific order. I don’t always curl my lashes, usually because I forget but when I do I use this curler and curl them before I apply mascara. I always apply two coats of mascara, the second coat is only on the tips to add a little extra length.
– I brush my brows before coloring them in with this brush. The brush is two sided and I use the other side to apply the powder to my brows, I use the darker shade on the outer brow and the lighter shade on the inner brow. My brows are pretty long so I have to brush them up and down when I’m coloring them in. After the coloring is done I use a clear gel to hold them in place.
– The last thing I do is apply a finishing powder. I only do this when I’m know I’m going to be getting my picture taken. It helps absorb shine and sets the makeup. You only need a little bit and I use this brush to apply it.
2. eye primer | Urban Decay ‘Eye Shadow Primer Potion’
5. eye shadow | Urban Decay ‘Naked 2 Palette’
6. concealer | Bare Mineral ‘Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer’ in medium
8. brow brush | Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brush #14’
9. brow powder | Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brow Powder Duo’ in dark brown
10. eyelash curler | Tweezerman ‘Prolash Eyelash Curler’
11. contour | Bobbi Brown ‘Bronzer’ in natural
12. blush | Tarte ‘Amazonian Clay 24-hour Blush’ in paaarty
14. brow gel | Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brow Gel’ in clear
15. finishing powder | Make Up For Ever ‘Ultra HD Micro Pressed Finishing Powder’
*not pictured but in my routine:
*contour brush | Sephora ‘PRO Contour’ in #79